TICKET TRANSFER FAQ’s
What is Ticket Transfer?
Ticket Transfer lets you send tickets to friends before the event, straight from your Ticketmaster account to theirs. No more driving around town handing out tickets or waiting outside the venue for the friend who's always late! Ticket Transfer is convenient, simple and free and can be done on your desktop/laptop device.
How do I Transfer tickets?
- Just go to My Account and click the Ticket Transfer button on your order.
- Follow the simple steps to Transfer any of your tickets to friends. You can Transfer one ticket or all tickets in your order.
- Remember, the recipient's email address must be different to the sender's email address.
- Your friend will need a Ticketmaster account. Don't worry if they don't have one, they will be able to create an account when accepting tickets.
Just remember that not all events will have the Transfer option available - if there is no Transfer Tickets button on your order, Ticket Transfer is not available for that event. For some more information see our Purchase Policy (hyperlink to http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html)
What happens next?
We will email you as soon as your friend accepts the tickets.
Once your friend accepts the Transfer, please destroy your original tickets if you printed them as they are no longer valid and won't get you into the event.
If you are having difficulty transferring your tickets, please contact our Customer Support team. (hyperlink to https://help.ticketmaster.ie/how-do-i-contact-customer-service/)
How do I accept tickets someone Transfers to me?
It's easy! When someone Transfers tickets to you, you will receive an email with an Accept Tickets button. Just follow the prompts to complete the Transfer. Remember you can't Transfer tickets to yourself. The recipient's email address must be different to the sender's email address.
Just click the Accept Tickets button in the email and sign in to your Ticketmaster account or create a new one.
Important: The address the email is sent to must match the address attached to your account to claim your tickets.
Why is there no Transfer Tickets button on my event in My Account?
Transfer is not available on all events, possibly for one of the following reasons:
- The ticket is not an eTicket (mobile ticket or Print at Home)
- The venue doesn't offer Ticket Transfer yet (we're working on that)
- The artist or venue turned Ticket Transfer off for that event/section
- The event was cancelled (ticket buyers will receive an automatic refund)
- The event already took place
- The tickets were bought over the phone (you can only Transfer online orders)
My friend Transferred tickets to me but I lost the email. What do I do?
Ask your friend to cancel the original Transfer and then Transfer the tickets again.
Can I Transfer anything besides tickets, like parking?
It varies by event. To check go to View All Orders in My Account and click the order number. If Ticket Transfer is available you will see the Ticket Transfer button on the Order. You will not be able to Transfer merchandise.
Can I Transfer tickets that someone Transferred to me?
Yes you can! Once you accept the tickets they're all yours. If you are unable to use them, Transfer them back to the person who sent them or Transfer them to anyone you want.
Can I cancel a ticket Transfer?
Yes, if your friend hasn't accepted the tickets yet.
- Go to View All Orders in My Account
- Click the Order Number
- Click ‘Cancel Transfer'
Please note that you can't cancel a Transfer after the tickets have been accepted, but your friend can simply Forward the tickets back to you.