The Latest Way to Shop for Tickets to Popular Events
We’ve all been there, ready and waiting to buy the perfect tickets to see our favorite artist, show, or team. The clock strikes 10 AM, you hit go, and tickets are...gone! How can that be?
The answer is bots. Ticket bots are moving faster than ever, snatching up the best seats at great prices, all in a matter of seconds.
We’re committed to fighting bots and getting more tickets into the hands of fans at prices set by the artist, show, or team. This is why we created the Ticketmaster Smart Queue, which powers the latest way to shop for tickets to popular events while keeping bots out. The Smart Queue acts as a ‘virtual line’, which helps us protect you and tickets in a more effective way.
How the Smart Queue works:
- Go to Ticketmaster and locate the event* you want to shop for.
- Join the Waiting Room at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale.
- When the sale begins, the Queue will open and you’ll be given a place in line.
- Once it’s your turn to shop, choose your tickets and then proceed to checkout.
Please note, that during high-demand sales, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and not guaranteed.
* Events using the Smart Queue may vary due to traffic and demand that impact wait times.
For a smoother shopping experience, we recommend…
- Signing in to your Ticketmaster account at least 10 minutes in advance of joining the Waiting Room. This will speed up your purchase later.
- Confirming you have a valid form of payment in your account with your current email and billing information. This will make checkout a breeze.
- If you need to step away, turn up the volume on your device so when it’s your turn, you hear the Queue notification bell.
In case you have more questions, we included a few commonly asked ones below.
Why is there a Smart Queue?
It’s there to keep out the bots so every fan gets a fair chance at tickets. Since automated bots are faster than a real, human fan, they can scoop up tickets before fans are able to shop and checkout. This results in tickets being sold out in a matter of minutes. With Smart Queue, we manage the flow of traffic into the shopping experience while simultaneously detecting bots and reducing their access. This gives you a fairer chance, since you’re only competing against other real, human fans for the same seats.
Do I have to stay on the page the entire time?
Yes. While you’re in the Queue, your spot will be automatically and frequently refreshed, so please don’t refresh, close, or leave the page. While it’s a better idea to keep your device nearby, if you need to step away we recommend turning up the volume on your device. This way, if your turn begins while you’re still away, you’ll hear the notification bell from the Queue. When it’s your turn, your spot will be held for 10 minutes to begin shopping.
Is there a set time I will get ticket access?
No, a set time is not guaranteed. Because we don’t want fans to feel rushed whilst they’re shopping, we’ll only allow more people in when space opens up and will keep you updated on your status along the way. Remember to watch your page, as the Queue can move quicker than expected and your turn can come at any moment.
Can I skip the Queue?
No, the Queue may not be skipped. It’s set up to protect you from ticket bots, and to provide a much better shopping experience for you.
Will I get tickets if I have a spot in the Queue?
During high-demand sales, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed.